The best time of year for people who love to cook is upon us! Summer time! I love, love, love all of the local fresh fruits and vegetables available this time of year. My hubs and I even decided to have our own vegetable and herb garden this year. We went a little overboard and have TONS of plants, so hopefully we have a bountiful crop! Here’s our first baby tomatoes:
These wraps are a low-carb version of a BLT (plus avocado, because of course everything is better with avocado!). Give ’em a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps with Basil Mayo
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 6 slices deli turkey
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- small red onion, thinly sliced
For the basil mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the basil mayo: combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Stick it in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Assemble the wraps in this order: lettuce, turkey, mayo, bacon, avocado, tomato and red onion. Roll up the wrap and enjoy!
Makes 2 wraps.
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats