I know chia seeds have been a “thing” for a while now, but I just recently jumped on the band wagon. This pudding might look a bit odd in the picture, but it is delicious! After being refrigerated overnight it develops a very tapioca-like consistency. It’s the perfect mid-morning or afternoon snack, and is quite filling.
If you want to learn more about chia seeds here is an article explaining some benefits: http://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds/
Other ways I have used chia seeds are in my morning oatmeal and in place of protein powder in my spinach and frozen fruit protein shakes.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (sometimes I will do 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract)
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients. Let stand on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate over night.
- Enjoy plain or topped with fruit and nuts!
Makes 3-4 servings.
Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis