I realize that my most recent post was a pancake recipe, and I don’t like to post similar recipes back to back. But hey, I’m not a professional blogger, and pancakes are a great way to enjoy summer veggies! This recipe is so versatile you could really throw any veggies you have on hand in it. But definitely don’t skip the garlic and freshly grated parmesan, they add tons of great flavor.
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium to large zucchini, shredded
- 1 yellow summer squash, shredded
- 1 small yellow onion, shredded
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Shred carrot, zucchini, squash, yellow onion and garlic in a food processor. Add shredded veggies and green onions to a large bowl. In a small bowl combine flour, parmesan, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. Mix the flour mixture in with the veggies. Then stir in the eggs.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Place about 1/3 cup of the veggie mixture on the hot skillet and flatten until about 1/2 inch thick. Cook until golden brown on each side. Place the cooked pancakes in an oven heated to 200 degrees to keep them warm until they are all finished.
Makes about 14-16 pancakes.
Recipe adapted from Hyvee