Who else has had their fridge stocked with home grown or farmers market zucchinis recently?! When they are 3 for $2.00 at the market I can never resist getting 3. Luckily, I don’t think I could get tired of cooking with zucchini. The possibilities are endless! In the last few weeks I’ve made zucchini brownies, quiche with shredded zucchini, veggie pancakes (recipe coming soon) and chicken sausage zucchini boats.
These pancakes are slightly sweet with a hint of cinnamon. I’m a pancake connoisseur and these rank up at the top!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Pancakes
- 2 1/4 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients.Then add the zucchini.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan and cook until bubbles begin to form and they are golden. Flip and finish cooking on the other side. Put pancakes in a warm oven until ready to serve.
Makes about 14-16 pancakes.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod