Well hello there! Can you believe how quickly summer is flying by?! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, because it always does. I’m not too bummed though, I adore fall.
I always have a cooking conundrum in the summer time: I hate to be stuck inside cooking or baking, yet wonderful local fruits and veggies are abundant therefore it’s the best time of year to cook and bake! Being stuck in the kitchen usually wins, and I’m fine with that 🙂
This recipe is a super fast and easy week night meal. When I first made these my expectations were pretty low, boy was I pleasantly surprised. These are super tastey! I like to cook the quinoa the day before so all I have to do is throw everything in a bowl, form the patties and cook ’em up!
Quinoa and Spinach Patties
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 5-6 green onions, sliced thin
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, drained of water (you could also cook fresh spinach and use that, but frozen is so much quicker)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place quinoa and water in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Once it starts boiling reduce the heat to low and simmer until all of the water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, green onions, garlic, spinach, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, pepper and the cooled quinoa. Mix well.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large pan (I use a long rectangular skillet and it works great because I can fit all of the patties on at once). Cook patties until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes per side.
Makes about 10 patties.
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste