Can you tell I’m a lover of summer side salads? My last post was broccoli and cauliflower salad, have you tried it yet? I have received some great positive feedback on it’s deliciousness!
I had never heard of grape salad before one of my wonderful coworkers brought it to one of our potlucks (yes, my workplace is awesome because we have occassional celebratory potlucks).
This “salad” really belongs more in the dessert category. But hey, I live on the edge and eat it right along side of a meal. 😉
Pecan & Grape Salad
- 7 or 8 cups red seedless grapes, washed & stemmed (about one very large bag, or two small bags)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the grapes until well coated. Pour the grape mixture into a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and pecans. Evenly sprinkle the sugar and pecans on top of the grapes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes about 10-12 servings.
Recipe adapted from Deliciously Sprinkled