Now that summer is in full swing, so are summer salads! How can you go wrong with fresh summer veggies covered in bacon and cheese?! 🙂 The slightly sweet (from the raisins and dressing) and salty combination is spot on.
This recipe makes a ton and is easily made the night before a party or cookout.
Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad
- 3-4 small heads of broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 7 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, shredded cheese, bacon and raisins.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, sugar, vinegar and pepper. Slowly add the dressing until you have the desired about of dressing mixed in. I usually don’t use it all, but it also depends on how much broccoli and cauliflower you use.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Recipe adapted from Life in Pleasantville