I’m not kidding you I’m obsessed with this recipe. I can’t even believe how great this turned out, it was deeelicious!
I prepared this meal while Aaron was golfing so he didn’t know what the ingredients were. After he started eating it I asked him what he thought it was and he said “fried rice.” When I told him there was no rice involved he continued to guess all kinds of other grains. It’s so good it completely stumped him!
Also check out my note at the bottom about what I served it with. The combination was killer!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen carrots, peas and corn (or veggies of your choice)
- 4-5 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons gluten-free Tamari or soy sauce
- Using a food processor with the grate setting, grate the cauliflower chunks. You’ll want about 5-6 cups of cauliflower. You can also use a hand grater if you don’t have a food processor.
- In a small bowl add eggs and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Whisk together and set aside.
- Heat a large wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (you can add a little more oil if it seems too dry when you add the veggies). Add yellow onion and cook about 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and frozen veggies and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 4 or 5 minutes. Add garlic, green onions and pepper and cook another minute.
- Move veggies to the side and create a hole in the middle of the wok (as pictured below). Add the eggs. Scrammble the eggs and then mix in with the veggies. Add the Tamari or soy sauce.
Note: I served the “rice” with grilled chicken breast that was marinaded in olive oil, Tamari, minced garlic and minced fresh ginger. It was an amazing combination!
Makes about 5 servings.
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats