As promised in my previous post for garlic roasted mushrooms, here is my recipe for the best steak marinade ever! Throw these marinaded babies on the grill and serve them along side the roasted mushrooms, you will be so glad you did.
- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- lots of pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients in a shallow baking dish. Add steak and marinade for 1-6 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade and discard the left over marinade. Grill to your liking.
Makes enough marinade for 2-3 steaks.
The unofficial start to summer is finally here!! I hope you’re all doing some grilling this weekend. If you are these roasted mushrooms are a must-have side. They couldn’t be easier or more delicious, especially along side a nice juicy steak. (Side note, I will be posting a scrumptious steak marinade recipe soon).
Now let’s hope this week flies by so we can get to the long weekend! 🙂
Garlic Roasted Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms (or white mushrooms)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Trim ends off of mushrooms and place them upside down in a small baking dish.
- Add butter and garlic to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave until the butter is melted.
- Spoon garlic butter over the mushrooms. Make sure the garlic mostly goes on top of the mushrooms and doesn’t fall to the bottom of the dish.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until they begin to brown. Serve and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Note: This recipe serves two, maybe three people. If you’re making these for more than 2-3 people double the recipe.
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats