Hello all! It’s been a while, did you miss me? 🙂 One good thing about a long winter like we’ve had is making warm and cozy dishes like this one! It’s is a different take on classic lasagna, and boy is it great. The spinach, artichoke, garlic and parmesan sauce is amazingly delicious. Make sure you dip a couple crackers in it before you assemble the lasagna 😉
Spinach, Artichoke and Turkey Lasagna
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 (10 oz.) cans artichoke hearts, well drained
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6-7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Oven ready lasagna noodles
- 12 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add ground turkey and onions and cook until no longer pink. Set aside.
- Combine spinach and artichoke hearts in a food processor and blend until until smooth. You may need to add a bit of the artichoke liquid to thin it out a bit. (If you don’t have a food processor you can use a powerful blender or chop them well by hand.)
- Melt butter and garlic in a large deep skillet over medium heat until just melted. Whisk in the flour and cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Slowly add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Remove sauce from the heat and stir in spinach and artichokes.
- Butter or grease a 9×13 casserole dish. Spread 1 cup of spinach artichoke sauce in the bottom of dish. Top with a layer of noodles. Then 1/3 of the turkey and onion mixture. Spread 1/3 of the sauce over turkey and noodles. Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Layer the same way two more times, finishing with mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes until browned and bubbly. Let lasagna rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 8-10 servings.
Recipe adapted from Kevin & Amanda