If you’re looking for a tasty main course for your Super Bowl party, look no further!! This recipe combines two wonderful things, chili and mac and cheese, what could be better than that?! And do you want to know the best part? You only need ONE pot! Less dishes = a happier cook 🙂
Have a great weekend!
Chili Mac & Cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and diced onions. Cook until the beef is almost cooked through, add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes (including the juice), beans, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Bring to a slow boil. Add the uncooked pasta and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Once the cheese has melted serve and top with more shredded cheese.
Makes 7-8 servings.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious