Less than two weeks until Christmas!! If you’re still looking for another cookie recipe to round out your cookie menu, consider this one! I had never made crescent cookies before, and they are one of Aaron’s favorites. I love almonds and these have a lovely almond flavor from the extract and ground nuts.
Have a great week-before-Christmas! 🙂
Almond Crescent Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup ground almonds (ground in a food processor)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add extracts and mix until combined. Gradually add the flour and then the ground almonds.
- Form into a tablespoon sized ball, then form into a crescent shape.
- Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cookies begin to very slightly golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when you remove them from the oven.
Makes 28-30 cookies.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes