Do you want to know what it takes to survive a stressful job?
1. Awesome coworkers.
2. Lots of good chocolate!
3. Daily exercise and vegetables to balance out the stress and chocolate consumption.
Vooala, that’s it! Well not really, but it’s a good start 😉 But seriously I am lucky to love my job and the people I work with. Tomorrow we are saying goodbye to one of our awesome team members, so of course we will need chocolate to properly send her off 🙂
These brownies are easy, peasy, squeezey. They literally take 10 minutes to make. I have to say I usually don’t care for a brownie that doesn’t have a super delicious frosting, but sometimes you just don’t have the time, so you make do without. And with the rich chocolate flavor in these babies you won’t miss the frosting too much.
Super Easy Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (I actually use a little more than 1/4)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Make a well in the middle of the bowl. Add the butter, eggs and vanilla to the well and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Butter an 8×8 baking dish. Pour the batter evenly into the baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Cut, serve and enjoy!
Adapted from 100 Days of Real Food