I have to tell you that I am pumped about this recipe! Have you ever had the curried chicken salad at Whole Foods? It’s deeeelicious! One day I wrote down all the ingredients to attempt to remake it. Months later I have finally recreated it and I don’t know why I waited so long!
This recipe certainly isn’t as good as the real thing, but it’s close! It does not have any mayo, but I don’t miss the mayo at all. It has a pretty bold flavor, so if you like your chicken salad a little milder just reduce the spices and leave out the cayenne pepper. My favorite way to serve it is over spinach. It’s also great with crackers, in a sandwich, the options are endless 🙂
Curried Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded or diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped or slivered and toasted
- 1/4 cup currants (optional)
- 2 (5.3 oz) plain non-fat greek yogurt containers
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- baby spinach for serving, if desired
- To make dressing combine yogurt, honey and spices in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken, green onions, celery, raisins, almonds and currants. Serve over a bed of spinach or in a sandwich or wrap.
Makes 5-6 servings.