I know I have been neglecting LYK lately, but I have a good reason…
This little fella joined our family!
Meet our Brittany pup, Griffey. He has kept his momma very busy, therefore, cooking has taken somewhat of a back-seat! So if my posts are a little more spread out you can assume it’s because I’m running around after this little angel-monster 🙂
With grilling season in full swing I thought I would share a delicious, juicy burger recipe. The flavor combo in these babies is a real winner. Next time I will probably add roasted red peppers as well to jazz them up even more.
Feta-Basil Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, julianned (roll them up and slice thin)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until just combined. You don’t want to over mix it or the burgers won’t be as tender.
- Form into 5 or 6 even burger patties.
- Grill the burgers on a grill pan or outdoor grill. If cooking on a grill pan cook in olive oil. If grilling on an outdoor grill spray the patties with olive oil spray before putting on the grill, so they don’t stick. Cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
I’ll leave you with one more shot of my little love, I just can’t get enough of that sweet face! 🙂