In honor of it being Friday and almost the weekend, here’s a sweet treat for ya! This dessert has a little bit of everything wonderful … chocolate, peanut butter AND cheesecake, how can you go wrong? Weekends are times for a little splurging, so go ahead and don’t feel bad 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup quick-cook oats
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together the butter, sugars and peanut butter until smooth. Add the egg and mix until combined. Slowly add in the flour and baking soda. Stir in the chocolate chips and oats (it may seem like a lot of chocolate chips, but trust me it’s necessary). Set aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Butter a 9 inch square baking dish (I actually used a 7×11 inch dish, just as long as you don’t use a 9×13, that will be a little too big). Press 1/2 to 2/3 of the cookie mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough and spread it into an even layer. Crumble the remaining cooking dough evenly over the top of the cream cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes or so, until the top cookie layer starts to turn light golden and the cream cheese layer is set. Cool and cut into bars and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Slightly adapted from Pinch of Yum