Have you ever had the chicken lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang’s? Oh boy they are tasty! This recipe is an easy and healthier way to recreate them at home. It’s a great summer dinner recipe. The iceberg lettuce is crisp and crunchy, and the chicken filling has a delicious garlic, ginger and peanut flavor.
P.F. Chang’s Copy-Cat Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium tamari (soy sauce)
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 of an 8 oz. can of water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- In a medium microwave safe bowl combine ingredients starting with the sesame oil through the chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the ground chicken for 3-4 minutes then add the diced onions. Add the garlic and ginger when the chicken is almost cooked all the way through, and finish cooking.
- Microwave the bowl of sauce ingredients for 25 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add the sauce to the skillet and stir to combine. Add the green onions, water chestnuts and peanuts. Serve in iceberg lettuce cups.
Make about 6 servings. Adapted from Shape.com