I don’t know if I’ve mentioned my serious love for chocolate on the blog before. If I could have it my way every meal would end with chocolate. But I’m usually able to restrain myself, usually 🙂
I think chocolate goes well with just about anything, but chocolate and bananas are right up there as one of the best combos. These muffins allow both the chocolate and banana flavors to shine through. The chocolate flavor is rich, but doesn’t overpower the bananas too much. Definitely make these the next time you have a chocolate craving!
Chocolate and Banana Muffins
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl wisk together the wet ingredients (from the milk to the vanilla) until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Butter or grease two muffin tins. Fill the tins with the batter until about 3/4 full. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Makes 24 large muffins.
Adapted from Live Simply